January 1, 2011

Another introduction

In the previous post, Robin introduced himself and the project a little bit, so you'll have an idea of what you might be in for over the year. He's the film buff, the critic, and the one who came up with this whole crazy idea in the first place. I'm the wife, and I'm just along for the ride. I know nothing about the technical aspects of movie making, and while I like movies (a lot) I'm not what you could call a film buff. I have my favorite genres (romantic comedies, anyone?) and I know what I like and what I don't like. I've never written a movie review or critique in my life.

So each week, there will be two posts for you all to read and enjoy. Robin's will be more of a traditional review, addressing specific aspects of the films and presenting an intelligent critique as befits a film student and true film buff. Mine will be more of the layperson "this film was cool" or "this film sucked" emotional response type of review. Sarcasm will most likely be present.

We hope that by presenting two separate reports on each film you will not only get a fuller idea of the film itself, and either be encouraged to watch it or give you good reasons not to watch it for yourself, but also just be entertained.

Thanks for joining us on our journey through film. Let's get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment